Pilots, here is your briefing for the official worldwide beta test of Ace Combat Infinity, scheduled to begin on February 4 and end on February 11.
- Ace Combat Infinity is a PlayStation 3 exclusive game. Ace Combat Infinity will never release on Xbox 360 or Xbox One, and is not currently scheduled to release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Now, or PC.
- This beta is for all accounts EXCEPT Japanese PSNs. Unlike the previous beta periods, you will need something OTHER than a Japanese PlayStation Network account to participate in this beta. That’s right; anyone who uses PlayStation Network on their PS3 outside of Japan can participate!
- YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE BETA IN FULL, even if you already played the Japanese beta. The beta will be through a different region of the PlayStation Store, and therefore use different PSNs, and therefore require a redownload.
- As soon as the beta is released, I will provide a link on here as well as Twitter to the beta on the online United States PlayStation Store. I would appreciate links to the beta from any other region that you guys are living in!
Here is what you’ll find in the beta (unless something has changed and we’re not aware of it yet):
- Test Flight - A tutorial mission in San Diego, teaching you the controls as well as the basics of air combat in Infinity. This mission awards you no in-game currency, but it can be repeated an infinite amount of times and is not restricted by the Sortie Fuel System.
- Story Campaign Missions 1 and 2 - “Lost Butterfly” and “Great Migration”, the first two missions in the story campaign of Ace Combat Infinity, will be playable. After Mission 2, another short teaser trailer will play.
- Online multiplayer - “Tokyo Martial Law”, “Pipeline Destruction”, and “Moby Dick Pursuit” will be available. Moby Dick Pursuit only shows up at random following completion of one of the other multiplayer missions.
- The beta is 100% free. The Sortie Fuel System will be active, but you can simply “purchase” more fuel for free.
- Exclusive rewards are as follows. The “2014 Beta Test Pilot” emblem for participating, which will be exclusive to this beta, and an Ace Combat Infinity wallpaper for submitting feedback to Project Aces.
- Save data from the beta, besides whatever beta-exclusive DLC that might pop up such as the exclusive emblem, will NOT carry over to the final game. Your stats during this beta will not count, so crash into the ground as much as you want!